When doing mountain climbing, a lot of knee flexion is required, and when the knee is bent, the knee joint has to bear the weight of the whole body, which increases the burden on the knee. Moreover, when going downhill, the knee bears more gravity. Data shows that when going downhill, the pressure on the cartilage surface of the knee is as high as three times its own body weight, which makes the friction of the patella, meniscus, and joint surface intensified. Damage the joints.
The impact on the knees of a rapid descending mountain is about 5-8 times their own body weight. Even a person who is not fat, rushes down from a 1000-meter mountain, the knee will suffer thousands of hits of about half a ton, if No matter how heavy it is, it's basically the same as hitting one's knee with a hammer. Will the result be better?
Briefly list a few suggestions for protecting your knees when climbing mountains, I hope you can use them.
1. The most important one: Do not run or jump down the mountain, slow down, and be careful. Rushing down the mountain is the deadliest to the knees, and most of the disabled donkeys are because of this. The correct way to go down the mountain is: the center of gravity is shifted back and slightly lowered, and the center of gravity is moved past when the front foot is standing. Always have one foot supported on the ground.
2. Reduce the load as much as possible. Before you set off, you can do your best. Even if you are going to climb a hill, it is normal to walk upright for more than 4 hours. Under normal circumstances, the weight is more than 1/4 of the body weight, and the rhythm should be controlled from the angle of protecting the knee when going down the mountain. Even in special circumstances, the weight should not exceed 1/3 of the body weight. Choose a light hiking backpack is very important.
3. Before you start climbing, make full preparations, including stretching, so that joints, muscles, ligaments, etc. get a good preheat. You can also rub the lower edge of the knee with your hands and fingers to promote the secretion of joint lubrication.
4. Use knee pads and outdoor trekking poles. Choose reliable trekking poles, preferably two, with the upper arms sharing the weight of the legs as much as possible. It is strongly recommended to use these two kinds of protective gear, especially trekking poles.
5. Don't have the mentality to show off, otherwise it will only prove that you are not mature enough. If you really want to climb more coolly, choose to show speed when you go up the mountain. By the way, don't forget to help everyone carry the water.
6. Climb what kind of mountain first, and challenge new difficulties step by step. It is recommended to correctly evaluate your physical strength and outdoor ability before setting off, and think about whether you can keep up with the speed or schedule of your fellow travelers. It is best not to overdraw yourself Knees.
7. Wear shoes suitable for climbing, and remember that generally soft ground, grass, gravel slopes, and snow are relatively friendly to your knees, but pay attention to non-slip, and take care to walk behind you when walking on gravel roads People.
8. Don't "lock joints". When the thighs are overworked, they will unconsciously lock the joints when walking, that is, straighten the legs, which can reduce the burden on the thigh muscles and temporarily relax the muscles, but it is easy to cause knee strain, knee impact injury, and ankle Strain and sprained ankle.
9. Strengthen the strength of the leg muscles. The developed muscles can relieve the pressure on the knee under certain circumstances and minimize the knee damage. Usually strengthen the quadriceps (front of the thigh) and cruciate ligament exercise, if you have the conditions to go to the fitness club, it is best, because there is a coach to guide, can avoid injury caused by wrong posture. Girls don’t use too much weight, you can combine muscle stretching, such as yoga or leg press, don’t worry about exercise leg strength, thighs will become thicker, exercise with popular intensity will accelerate fat metabolism and promote fat loss, even if you want to become thick It's all difficult.
10. Finally, if the knee injury is already serious, it is not recommended that you go climbing.