A lot of people are thinking about carry your large travel backpack as carry-on or as checked luggage? Carrying a large backpack with you may make you sweat profusely on a crowded plane, while the checked luggage is afraid of damage to the luggage. You can check your backpack or use it as carry-on luggage, but please pack it carefully to make sure you get on the plane as little as possible.
1. Check the airline’s hand luggage restrictions. Most airlines allow you to bring a personal item such as a wallet, briefcase or a larger backpack. For many airlines, the maximum size of carry-on items is 22 x 14 x 9 inches. If your backpack exceeds this size, it can only be checked in.
For different customer groups (first class, VIP customers, ordinary customers, etc.), airlines generally give different allowances for free checked baggage. You can check with the airline for specific values, so the staff will weigh the baggage before checking in.
2. Put your belongings into the carry on backpack. If you use it as a carry-on item, please ensure that all liquids, gels or aerosols comply with the 3-1-1 policy of the US Transportation Security Administration. The weight of each item must not exceed 3.4 ounces, and all containers must be packed in a 1-quart plastic bag. Please take out this plastic bag during the safety inspection so that they can check directly.
3. Close and tighten all openings and compartments on the bag. Use TSA locks to lock each layer. Even if you are not going to check your luggage, this is a wise choice because it prevents thieves from stealing your luggage at the airport.
4. If you plan to inspect the bag and have any concerns about the bag being damaged or being hung by other items, please put the bag in a zippered plastic bag or a cheap duffel bag. It’s also a good idea to secure things like sleeping bags or hiking equipment to the backpack, as this will ensure that everything stays together.
At the same time, you can use the luggage safety belt to tighten your suitcase to avoid sudden opening and cause the things in the suitcase to fall.
5. If you choose to take your best business laptop backpack as your carry-on item, please put it on the plane. Place it in the overhead locker with the top of the bag facing out. After arriving at your destination, this storage location can easily hold your backpack.