There are many production processes for luggage and smart backpacks, and they are still mainly processed manually. A bag needs to go through multiple processes from raw materials to products, including design, material selection, sample production, mold making, sewing and other processes. There are as few as 30 or 40 procedures, and as many as 70 or 80 procedures.
Each process is interlocked, and a problem in a process will affect the quality of the entire package. Below, let's briefly describe what are the main processes in the production of luggage.
1. Style design. The first process of making a bag is style design. Design is a science. It is necessary to pay attention to details such as material selection, color matching and appearance design. At the same time, it is necessary to analyze the market demand in depth and detail. You can do research and then make a decision.
2. Paper output grid. After deciding the style, the layout master will draw on grid according to the designer's renderings. This process is called "paper output grid". That means they use paper grids as materials to design the shape of the components, and the detailed instructions for use are marked on the top. To make a bag, a paper grid is required to make a sample bag.
3. Make a sample bag. Once you have the paper grid, you can start making sample bags. Of course, whether the paper format is standard or not determines whether the sample bag can realize the original intention of the design.
Generally speaking, there are two purposes for making a sample bag. The first is to confirm whether there are errors in the paper grid and to prevent serious deviations during production. The second purpose is to check the fabric and pattern, and whether the actual effect is consistent with the original design.
4. Material preparation and cutting. Once confirmed that there is no problem with the sample bag, the factory will arrange a mass production plan. At this time, it is necessary to purchase raw materials and make molds. Because they purchase raw materials are all fabrics in rolls, we need to open a knife die and then cut them and stack them separately.
5. Sewing to become a bag. Sewing refers to sewing the pieces into the complete shape of a bag. This is the most critical process and the longest time-consuming.
Strictly speaking, sewing is not just one process, it is composed of multiple processes, including the front panel sewing, the middle skirt sewing, the back panel sewing, the lining sewing, the shoulder straps and the knotting. Bag sewing and other processes are combined together. Sewing is a key process for making a bag or travel laptop backpack.
6. Quality inspection packaging. Generally, luggage quality inspection is done during the packaging process, and unqualified products are returned to the previous process for rework processing. Qualified products shall be individually protected against dust, and the whole bag shall be carried out according to the packing quantity.