When you're going to have a long tour, it might make sense to have travel insurance. Travel insurance can protect your travel investment such as business travel backpack if you have to cancel or shorten your trip for a variety of reasons, including weather, illness, government shutdown, etc. A lot of policies also offer benefits for lost baggage or medical services abroad. We evaluated more than 20 insurance companies by cost, exclusion, limits and customer ratings. Please go on and you will find out What is the best travel insurance company for backpackers.
Coverage of Travel insurance
- Medical emergency (surgical hospitalization, medical evacuation)
- Flight delays and cancellations
- Cancellation (due to injury or family death)
- Emergency evacuation (due to injury or natural disaster)
- Dental emergency
- Lost or stolen luggage
- The gear is damaged or stolen
- Overseas death
- Death overseas
What Does Travel Insurance NOT Cover
- An accident that occurs while participating in an extreme adventure.These usually include hang gliding paragliding or bungee jumping.
- Alcohol and drug related incidents.
- Carelessness or carelessness.
- Preexisting condition or general examination.
- Cash stolen (unless you pay for a more comprehensive plan)
- If civil unrest makes your destination unsafe, but your government does not require an evacuation, you may not be eligible for evacuation (unless you have the broader coverage offered by a company like Medjet).
The Best 3 backpacker insurance companies
To help you stay safe on your next trip, here are some suggested companies that offer cost-effective insurance for backpackers:
STA Travel Insurance:
- Budget-friendly plans
- ISIC card benefits in over 125,000 locations
- Basic coverage options
- Great for students/shoestring backpackers.
Insure My Trip:
- Guarantee low prices
- Insurance for people over 65
- If you think a claim has been unfairly rejected, "Advocate of Any Time" will ask the insurance company to review your claim.
TOP PICK: World Nomads
World Nomads is ideal for adventurous backpackers who plan to go hiking, kayaking or even extreme sports such as bungee jumping or rock climbing.World Nomads covers 100 different activities and is the best choice for active backpackers.
Here is a brief overview of its coverage:
- Emergency medical and dental insurance
- Itinerary cancellation, delay and interruption coverage
- Luggage protection (Even for your lost backpacks)
- Emergency evacuation (for non-medical emergencies such as medical emergencies and natural disasters)
- Medical transport
- 24/7 Customer assistance
Hope the above contents are helpful for you to choose the best travel insurance company. Carry on your big travel backpack, go!
Shop with Matein: Travel backpack with charger